Dr. Gray’s research interests are in the areas of environmental ethics, social justice, American philosophy, religion, and law and policy. Tyson-Lord Gray CV
He has presented research at the following conference/universities:
- “Animal Lives Matter” – presented at The Spirit of Sustainable Agriculture Conference at Harvard Divinity School in Cambridge, MA. 2016.
- Second Food Law Student Summit– panelist at The Food Law Student Leadership Summit hosted by Drake’s Agricultural Law Center and Harvard’s Food Law and Policy Clinic at Drake Law School in Des Moines, IA 2016.
- “The Public and its Environmental Problems” – presented at The Institute for American Religious and Philosophical Thought in Asheville, NC 2015.
- Ecotones of the Spirit – panelist at The Food, Faith and Religions Leadership Conference at Wake Forest Divinity School in Winston Salem, NC 2015.
- The Green the Church Summit – speaker at Green the Church Summit sponsored by Green for All and The Baptist Minister’s Union of Oakland in Oakland, CA 2014.
- Nourish New Haven – panelist at the Local Food Justice and Sustainability Conference sponsored by Yale Divinity School, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and The Forum on Religion and Ecology at Yale University in New Haven, CT 2014.
- “Environmental Ethics and the ‘Sense of Place’: An Eco-critical Reading of Sula by Toni Morrison” – presented at the National American Academy of Religion Conference in Baltimore, MD 2013.
- “Climate Change and Water Wars: A Case Study on Post-Civil War Conflict Resolution in South Sudan” – presented at the National American Academy of Religion Conference in Baltimore, MD 2013.
- Global Perspectives on (In)equality and Ethics in Ecological Issues – Preconference Workshop – panelist at the National American Academy of Religion Conference in Chicago, IL 2012.
- “The Case of Palm Oil Plantations in Southeast Asia” – presented at the Third International Conference on Climate Change in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil 2011.
- “Beauty or Bane: Advancing an Aesthetic Appreciation for Wind Farms” – presented at the Eighth Annual Meeting of the International Society for Environmental Ethics in Nijmegen, The Netherlands 2011.
- Human Responsibility and the Environment – University Lecture presented at Seoul Christian University in Seoul, Korea 2011.
- The International Scholar and the Age of Global Ethics – University Lecture for International Graduate Students presented at Seoul Christian University in Seoul, Korea 2011.
- “Environmentalism Goes Blue: Examining Race, Religion & Globalization in the movie Avatar” – presented at the National American Academy of Religion Conference in Atlanta, GA 2010.
- “Law and Liability: Examining the Intersections of Human Rights, Trade, and Eco-Violence” – presented at the First Annual Colloquium on Environmental Scholarship at Vermont Law School in South Royalton, VT 2010.
- “Eco-violence, International Trade and A New Satyagraha” – presented at the International (Dis)order and Violence in the 21st Century: Third Global Nonviolence Student Conference in Harrisburg, VA 2010.
- “Exploring the Theological Void in Roberto Unger’s book The Self Awakened: Pragmatism Unbound” – presented at the National American Academy of Religion Conference in Chicago, IL 2008.
- “The Black Church, Global Warming, & Reclaiming the Prophetic Voice” – presented at the Eighth Annual J. Marie McCleary Symposium in Houston, TX 2007.